Fill out fighter application online.
Print off Federal ID mixed martial arts license, fill it out and fax it to Savage Entertainment at 952-440-5224.
You need your blood drawn and tested for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV. This is commonly referred to as the “Fighter Trio.” The cost is around $110.00. Check with your health insurance company to see if they will cover it. You can have your blood drawn at your own clinic, or, for a 48 hour turn around, go to Minnesota Occupational Health Services, 1661 St Anthony, in St Paul. Their phone numbers are 651-646-0491 or 651-842-5300. Tell them to fax the results to Savage Entertainment at 952-440-5224.
After you have completed all these steps, call Savage Entertainment at 952-564-0092.
License fee’s are $70 for pros, $50 for amateur, and $80 for trainer/second/corner. You can bring this fee with you to the weigh-ins.
Difference between Amateur and Pro
- Amateurs don’t get paid.
- Amateurs fight less skilled fighters.
- Amateurs fight 3 – 3 minute rounds.
- Pros get paid.
- Pros are serious fighters. You can turn pro anytime you wish, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you train 5-6 days a week and have been doing so for a year or two.
- Pros fight 3 – 5 minute rounds.
- Once you turn pro, you can’t go back to amateur.
Savage Entertainment only works with trained, licensed fighters per the Boxing Commission rules. You must be licensed by the Boxing Commission.
MMA Fighter Expectations: If you want to compete in Mixed Martial Arts for Savage Entertainment, you must adhere to the following steps:
- Train hard, be in shape, and train at a mixed martial arts gym.
- Follow all steps required by the Minnesota MMA Commission.
- Have all required steps completed four weeks before your scheduled MMA bout.
- Have the fighter or manager return all calls from the promoter promptly.
- Be honest about your skills, we try to match competitors up fairly.
- Do not take any fights 30 days before your scheduled mixed martial arts bout with Savage Entertainment.
- Conduct yourself with honor and dignity, try to emmulate the champions of the sport.
- If unsure of proper steps go to the Minnesota MMA Boxing Commission Website.
- Must sign contract agreeing to the to the above principles.